We are looking for about 25 volunteers for the period Tuesday 28 February 2017 until Friday 3 March 2017 to assist during the Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development (globalfestivalofideas.org) to be held at the World Conference Center Bonn (WCCB).
Tasks will include:
- Preparing participants packs (on 28 February)
- Registering and welcoming participants and handing out their badges
- Collecting translation headsets at the end of plenary sessions
- Answering participants’ questions at the information point
- Assisting participants with watching the UN Virtual Reality Movies
- Managing microphones for Q&A parts of sessions
- Moving tables and chairs to change room set-ups between sessions
- General logistics support tasks as required
If and when there are no current tasks to be fulfilled, volunteers are able to sit in on sessions.
- Fluent English. Other languages – in particular German – are an advantage.
- Organised, reliable and friendly manner.
- Proof that the volunteer already has health insurance for the period of the event.
- On 28 February volunteers need to be at the WCCB in the afternoon to prepare participants bags and be briefed for the following days.
- From 1 to 3 March volunteers should be ready to arrive at WCCB at 8am and be prepared to be present until about 6pm, including breaks.
- Drinks and snacks will be provided to all conference participants.
Volunteers are responsible for their own expenses including travel and accommodation costs.
Please contact us as soon as possible to apply.